Improvement Trust in five cities, (Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan, Rawalpindi and Gujjranwala)were created under Town Improvement Act, 1922.In the Year, 1975, it was succeeded in Lahore by way of an act of the parliament which was promulgated namely "Lahore Developemant Authority Act, 1975 "The saud act was introduced with the purposes as mentioned in its preamble given herein below:-
"WHEREAS it is expendient in the public interest to establish a comprehensive system of Metroplitan Planning and Development in order to improve the qualityof life in the Metropolitan area of Lahore, eatablish an integrated Metropolitan and Regional Development approach and continuing process of planning and development, to ensure optimum utilization of resources economical and effect utilization of land to evolve policies and programme relating to the improvement of the enviroment of houseing industial development, traffi, sewerage, drainage, solid waist disposal and matters connected therewith and incidental thereto"
The Lahore Development Authority, Act, 1975confers powers to the Authority for carrying out the purposes of the Act, The Authority as mentioned under section 4 of the Act, is the body cooperative with the perpetual succession and a common seal with powers, subject to the peovision of Act, to acquire and hold property i.e. moveable. The Law Directorate has also been introduced under the said Act. During the period the rate of litigation in LDA has beem enhanced amd st present more than 8000 cases are pending adjudication in different courts.
- To defend litigation for and against the LDA from Civil Court to Supreme Court including Labour Courts, Labour Appellate Tribunal, N.I.R.C., LDA, Tribunal, Wages Authority.
- To arrange Comments, documents from concerned Directorate.
- To arrange certified copies of Court's orders and judgements passed against the Authority for filling appeals in the next higher court.
- To arrange filling of appeals against the judgements/decrees affecting the interest of the Authority before the competent Court within the Limitation period.
- To ensure timely production of evidence in the Courts.
- To exercise monitoring of working of all standing Counsel of Authority in different Courts.
- To ensure timely communication of vacation of stay orders/disposal of cases to concerned Directorates for prompt action.
- To recommend appointments/extension of services of standing Counsel to the competent Authority.
- To monitor the working of subordinate staff of Legal Directorate.
- To clarify and interpret courts orders for the guidance of concerned Directorates.
- To tender advice to concerned Directorates on legal issues.
- To arrange timely filling of replies/written statements in various courts on the basis of comments supplied by concerned Directorates.
- To ensure satisfaction of courts decrees having attained finality by the concerned Directorates.
- To arrange vacation of stay orders hampering vital projects of Authority.
APPROVED WORKING VACANT
|2-||Dy. Dir. LAW.||04||04||Nil|
|3-||Dy. Dir. Database.||01||01||Nil|
|4-||Asstt. Dir. LAW.||13||13||Nil|
- To monitor and defend litigation for and against LDA from civil court to the Supreme Court level.
- To arrange report and parawise comments alongwith-supporting documents from concerned client directorate of LDA for filling written statement in the courts.
- To arrange certified copies of courtd orders and judgements passed against the authority for filing appeals in the next higher forum.
- To arrange filing of appeals against the judgements/decerees effecting the interest of the authority before the comepent court within limitation after having necessary grounds from client dtrectorates.
- To ensure time production of evidences in the courts.
- To exercise monitoring and working of all consel of the Authority in different courts.
- To timely communication of vacation of stay order.
- To recommend appointments/extension of services standing counsel to the Competent Authority.
- To monitor the working of subordinate steff of LAW Direstorate.
- To clerify and interpret courts order for the guidance of concerned Directorate.
- To tender advice to concerned Directorates on legal issues.
- To arrange tmely filing of replies/written statements in various courts on the basis of comments supplied by concerned Directorate.
- To ensure satisfaction of courts decreesz having attained finality by the concerned Directorate.
- To arrange vacation of stay orders Hmpering vital prijects of Authority.
- To coordinate with the client directorate for complying with the directions passed by Honourable Lahore High Court, Lahore and the Supreme Court of the Pakistan in orders to proyect to face contempt proceeding/Legal compications.
- Challenging the Notification of Acquistion of land for formulation of Housing Scheme.
- Challenging the Enhancement of price of plote allowed to Govt.Employees in LDA Avenue -1, Housing Scheme.
- Litigation in between private parties wherein LDA is the only Performe defendant.
- Challenging the cancellation of exemption/allotment procured through bogus and factions documents of ownership.
- Challenging notices issued by DEM & DTP under section 40(i) & 40(ii) of LDA Act, 1975 for removel of unauthorized encroachment.
- Suits for specific performance of agreement to sell in between parties where in LDA is only Performa defendant.
- Litigation for declarations of legal heirs.
- Arbitrtion cases.
- Litigation regarding illegal use of residential property as commercial without seeking approval of LDA.
- Litigation to seek directions for grant of exemptions, allocation of plots, adjustment of land, exchage of plots and possession of plots etc.
- Litigation in between parties regardingly title/ownership in revenue Department wherein LDA is only performa defendant.
- Challenging award by filing reference U/S 30 of Land Acqisition Act, 1984 before the President Tribunal, LDA.
- Challenging for the enhancement of compensation U/S 18 of land Acquisition Act, 1894 before the President Tribunal, LDA.
- Litigation before the enviromental Tribunal.
- Litigation regarding service matter in the court of NIRC, Labour Courts of Lahore High Court Challenging the suspension prder, dismmisal order, termination order, ergulation of work charhe employees and seniority with back benefits.
- Challenging enquires conducted by LDA aganst culprits.
- Litigation regarding societies falling in LDA Avenue-1 Scheme challenging the vires of acquisition.
INCHARGE : Director Law
TELEPHONE : (092) 042-99262246
POSTAL ADDRESS : 3rd Floor Building 2, 467 Block D/2 M.A Johar Town ,Lahore, Pakistan.