• Approval of building plans of residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and all other public utility sites in LDA schemes, private approved schemes and within the controlled area of LDA.
• Prepare as well as maintain the demarcation record of each and every plot of LDA scheme.
• To check the violations against the approved building plans/building regulations and to decide the cases regarding composition of these violations.
• Processing of land use conversion according to the policy/rules.
• Maintenance of demarcation record.
• To issue completion certificate of all building erected on plots of LDA schemes after composition of violations.
• To check and remove un-authorized constructions, encroachments and illegal land use conversions, in LDA jurisdiction, through statutory as well as physical measures under LDA Act 1975.
• Planning and design of plans of land sub-division, public utilities, amenities and facilities.
• Processing and disposal of queries regarding land use, housing and urban planning situations in the city.
• Processing and issuance of No Objection Certificates for establishment of different land uses, Petrol pumps, CNG Stations, Mosques, Public Buildings in the light of prevailing policies and other related planning documents.
• Lodging of complaints to the Competent Courts as provided in section 35/38 of Lahore Development Authority and policy enforced from time to time.
• To sanction the sub-division of plots on payment of prescribed fee in accordance with the instructions/orders and policy enforced from time to time.
• Rendering advices on periodic improvements/modifications in existing planning land use plans, zoning and building regulations/polices of the Authority.
• Approved housing scheme of LDA.
• Approved private housing scheme.
• Notified controlled areas under section 18 of LDA Act, 1975.
The building plans on the following 20 roads are scrutinized/cleared by the high level design committee, comprising of the following:-
1. District coordination officer, Lahore Chairman
2. Representative of Zila Nazim member
3. Town Nazim or his representative member
4. District police officer, Lahore member
5. Director general , LDA member
6. Director housing & physical planning dept. member
7. Chief architect, C&W department member
8. Chief traffic engineer, TEPA, Lahore member
9. Director EPA government of Punjab member
10. Executive district officer (W&S) Lahore member
11. Executive district officer (MS) Lahore member
1. Shalimar link road
2. Gulberg road/jail road
4. Allama iqbal road
5. Wahdat road
6. Ferozpur road
7. Multan roads
8. Shahrah-e-pakistan(lowe mall)
9. Bahawalpur road
10. Shahrah-e-fatima Jinnah
11. Upper bari duab canal(LAHORE BRANCH)
12. Lytton road
13. Lawerance road
14. Race course road
15. Davis road
16. McLeod road
17. Empress road
18. Durand road
19. Mozang road
20. G.t road
Sanctioning of building plans by the concerned agencies in the following areas, the approval of special design committee headed by the chief secretary, Punjab is required:-
1. Government house precincts.
2. Precincts of aiwan-e-iqbal complex Kashmir egerton road scheme.
COMMERCIALIZATION POLICY WAS FIRST TIME NOTIFIED IN 1990. THEN IT AMENDED IN 1993 AND 2001.
Land use Rules 2009 (Classification, Reclassification and Redevelopment) under Lahore Development Authority(Act 1975).
PROCEDURE FOR COMMERCIALIZATION
1. Application/ request for annual/permanent commercialization are submitted by the owners/applicants on plain paper through LDA one window operation along with a pay order of Rs.1000/- in favor of DG LDA.
2. Request is forwarded to the field staff for site inspection/verification.
3. Ownership requisition for getting the entitlement of the applicants, is forwarded to the concerned directorate i.e. Land development/Estate Management to know the present ownership and particulars of building period etc.
4. In case of private schemes/controlled area, after site verification, the case is referred to the Metropolitan Planning cell for scrutiny and clearance of ownership record and its position with reference to private scheme.
5. In case of Controlled area of LDA the case is referred to TEPA for checking of structure plan roads and verification of required setback for road widening.
6. After detail scrutiny, the case is submitted to the Director General, LDA for final decision/approve.
7. After the approval the demand notice for commercialization fee is issued.
8. On payment of commercialization fee, the case are forwarded to Director Finance, LDA for verification of paid amount from the cash book.
9. After verification of paid commercialization fee, commercialization approval letter is issued.
Creation of fast track window for quick sanctioning of building plans
1. As per new arrangement, building applications are received through a special window established on 28.9.2006. Building plans and ownership documents provided by the owner/applicant are initially examined by the plan receiving committee comprising of assistant architect, draftsman and two representatives of director estate management and land development in the presence of the applicant.
2. In case the building application is found in order the same is received by the plan receiving committee and is forwarded to sanctioning authority. By this arrangement the building plans are approved within 6 days. This new system is very successfully operating.
• Building regulations of LDA have been improved by a committee comprising of experts from Nespak, UET, prominent architects, senior urban planners & builders of the city.
• The building regulations have been finalized and notified in the Punjab gazette dated 17 January, 2007.
• Government of Punjab has notified model building & zoning regulations which have been adopted by LDA.
Compilation of record of multi storied buildings in LDA jurisdiction
The survey of multi-storey buildings has been constructed by field staff and a list has been compiled. This list has been provided to the commission for high rise buildings appointed by the Supreme Court.
The Town Planning wing of LDA, responsible for building control in LDA's Jurisdiction. Due to shortage of technical staff, posts of director, deputy director and assistant director, structural engineers have been created to ensure the stability of construction during and after construction in order to ensure safety of public. The recruitment through Punjab public service commission is in the process.
A panel for a stopgap arrangement of senior structure engineers has been established and the structural drawings/calculations are being scrutinized/vetted by this panel in multistory buildings.
INDUCTION OF ARCHITECT TO IMROVE QUALITY OF PROJECTS
In order to improve and streamline the working of town planning wing and to evolve a comprehensive fool proof system of scrutiny of building applications and for technical advice on various architectural aspects, the services of Director Architect have also been placed in Town Planning Wing.
Fines, penalties (July 2006 to march 2007) 57.479 million
Plan submission fee 36.281 million
Sub-division fee 6.093 million
Commercialization fee recovered up to 15th April, 2007.
ANNUAL & PERMANENT COMMERCIALIZATION FEE TARGET FROM JULY 2012 TO JUNE 2013 RS.3500 MILLION [FROM 01-07-2012 TO 30-04-2013]
- Land Use Rules 2009
- Notification Dated 29-06-2011
- Notification of Reclassification of Gulberg Scheme
- Reclassification Map of Gulberg Scheme
- Application Form for Notice/Permission to Build
- Application Form for Notice/Permission to build Multi-storeyed
- Under taking on Stamp Paper of PKR.500 for Payment of Damages
- Structure Stability Certificate
- Structure Stability Certificate/Completion Notices for Multi-Storey and building of Public Assembly
- Certificate for Undertaking by the architect on Record
- Certificate for Undertaking by the Structural Engineer on Record
- Certificate for Undertaking by the Resident Engineer on Record
INCHARGE : Chief Town Planer
TELEPHONE : (092) 042-99262321
POSTAL ADDRESS Ground Floor, 467 Block D/2 M.A. Johar Town, Lahore, Pakistan