Powers of the Land Development Directorate.
1.Land owner/applicant applies for grant of exemption along with latest attested copies of Fard Malkiat, Fard Intiqal, Sale Deed, Affidavit, General Power of Attorney and photo copy of National Identify Card.
2.LAC Branch examines above documents and certifies title as well as entitlement of the land owner/applicant. LAC Branch also certifies that the land owner/applicant's land has been utilized by LDA by way of Kabza Karwai. LAC Branch also certifies that the land owner/applicant has not received any cash compensation against his land holding.
3.Exemption Branch allocates file number and makes entries in the Khasra War Register.
4.After allocation of file number concerned Patwari certifies that no other file exists in the name of such land owner/applicant. Concerned Patwari also certifies that granting of exemption in favour of such applicant/land owner will not lead to any excess area exemption.
5.After the above procedure file is sent to the Accounts Branch which issued computerized first demand notice against development charges.
6.The land owner after receiving the demand notice deposits the required amount into the LDA accounts.
7.After payment of first demand notice the concerned revenue staff sof exemption branch calculates the entitlement of the applicant/land owner on the basis of the record/certification provided by the LAC Branch. Such entitlement is checked/verified by staff Officer, Assistant Director and Deputy Director concerned.
8.The above documentation is placed before the Director Land Development LDA who grants exemption.
9.After the grant of exemption order, the file is sent to the Allocation Committee who after scrutinizing the entire file/record allocates a suitable plot as per policy.
10.After the above steps allocation letter is issued.
11.Part plan is issued by the Town Planning Wing after exercising due care, deliberations and also keeping in view various quotas.
12.In case the part plan shows any excess area then file is sent to the Price Assessment Committee of LDA for assessing market price of the said excess area.
13.The Accounts Branch prepares/issues final demand notice which also incorporates the market price, as assessed by the Price Assessment Committee, of any excess area.
14.All land owner/applicant deposits the demand so raised into the LDA accounts.
15.The land owner/applicant may apply for the issuance of possession letter which allows him the physical possession of the plot in question. The Estate Branch is responsible for handing over the physical possession to the land owner/applicant/exemptee in response to the land possession letter issued by the Land Development Directorate.
The land owner/applicant may then apply for the execution of exchange deed in his favour. After execution of the same, LDA totally alienates its rights over the plot in question, in favour of the land owner/applicant. However for the execution of such exchange deed, issuance of completion certificate by the Town Planning Branch and No Recovery Certificate by the Accounts Branch are a pre-requisite.
1.Land owner/applicant applies for grant of exemption along with latest attested copies of Fard Malkiat, Fard Intiqal, Sale Deed, Affidavit, General Power of Attorney and photo copy of National Identity Card.
Consequent upon the completion of all codal formalities and after having physical possession at site, construction is raised thereon in accordance with the sanctioned plan duly approved by the Director Town Planning, LDA. When transfer of plot is required, following procedure on the prescribed transfer application has to be submitted before the LDA authorities:-
RATES FOR TRANSFER OF EXEMPTED PLOTS
In accordance with office order No.LDA/7041 dated 24/10/1993 issued by the competent authority, rates for the transfer of exempted plots (carved out in Marla's) have been levied categorically as per schedule given below:-
|FOR THE TRANSFER OF EXEMPTED PLOTS|
|Up to 3-Marla||3,000/-||5,000/-||7,000/-||9,000/-||Constant|
|Up to 5-Marla||5,000/-||10,000/-||15,000/-||20,000/-||Constant|
|Up to 7-Marla||10,000/-||15,000/-||25,000/-||45,000/-||Constant|
|Up to 12-Marla||25,000/-||40,000/-||60,000/-||80,000/-||Constant|
|Up to 22-Marla||40,000/-||50,000/-||70,000/-||1,00,000/-||Constant|
TRANSFER RATES SHOWN FOR SCHEMES WHERE PLOTS HAVE BEEN CARVED OUT IN METERS
over 250 Sq.m.
In case NOC for Sui Gas connection/Permission to Mortgage is needed by the exemptee/transferee of plot, then, the exemptee/transfree will apply for the requisit document on a simple application. If NOC for loan is required then the petitioner will also indicate the name of bank/Financial Institution. Sui Gas charges are reccoverable on adhoc basis in LDA as per the following scheduled rates
|SIZE OF PLOT||SUI GAS CHARGES|
|420 Sq.M. (1-Kanal)||Rs. 16,000/-|
|250 Sq.M. (12-Marlas)||Rs. 9,524/-|
|160 Sq.M. (7-Marlas)||Rs. 6,095/-|
|105 Sq.M. (5-Marlas)||Rs. 4,000/-|
|72 Sq.M. (3-Marlas)||Rs. 2,781/-|
According to the prevailing policy, 4 years building construction period is granted to the ex-land owners who are exempted developed plots to construct thereon. After expiry of the 4 years building period, extension can be granted subject to the payment of prevalent rates as envisaged in the policy circular No.SO(D-III) HP&EP-2-3/92, dated 13-03-2000 issued by the Housing Physical and Environmental Planning Department, Government of the Punjab:-
|AREA OF PLOT||RATE OF PENALTY|
|Upto 5 marla||Rs. 1,000/- per year|
|Above 5 marla to less than 10 marla||Rs. 2,000/- per year|
|10 marla less than 1-kanal||Rs. 5,000/- per year|
|1-kanal and above||Rs. 10,000/- per year|
The Competent Authority has allowed free extension in building period in cases of aforementioned plots, for a period of one year, from the date of issue of this letter. Further extension beyond one year can be made if the aforementioned amenties are not provided within the above period.
This issues with the approval of the competent Authority.
- No application will be invited for exemption but instead the owners shall have entitlement of exemption by virtue of the Award, Part-C, which will be in fact an 'ENTITLEMENT CERTIFICATE' for each owner as envisaged in the H&PP-I-4/81 dated 22.5.1982, announced by the Collector. This will, however, not apply in the case of Mustafa Town Scheme because applications have already been invited and the cases are under process.
- As soon as the Award is published, a public notice will be published in prominent daily newspapers inviting the awardees to inform the Land Acquisition Collector of their full postal address through a letter posted under postal certificate. It shall be the responsibility of the awardee to report any further change in his postal address through a similar procedure.
- Every owner will be entitled to 30% exemption in the shape of developed plots. However, since the entitlement may not fit in exactly with the sizes of available plots, the allocation of plots against various entitlements shall be in accordance with the following policy:-
- Against an entitlement upto 4 marlas a plot of 72 Sq. meters shall be allocated.
- Above 4 marlas to 6 marlas, a plot of 105 Sq. meters.
- Above 6 marlas upto 8 marlas, a plot of 160 Sq. meters.
- Above 8 marlas to 9 marlas, two plots of 72 Sq. meters and one plot of 105 Sq. meters.
- Above 9 marlas to 11 marlas, two plots of 105 Sq. meters each.
- Above 11 marlas to 13 marlas, a plot of 250 Sq. meters.
- Above 13 marlas to 16 marlas, one plot of 250 Sq. meters and one plot of 72 Sq. meters.
- Above 16 marlas to 18 marlas, one plot of 250 Sq. meters and one plot 105 Sq. meters.
- Above 18 marlas to 19M-224Sft, one plot of 250 Sq. meters and one plot of 160 Sq. meters.
- From one kanal to 1K-2M-224 Sft, one plot of 420 Sq.meters.
- From 1K-3M to 1K 4M one plot of 420 Sq. meters and one plot of 72 Sq. meters and so on so forth provided no owner will be exempted more than fifteen plots of 420 Sq. meters. The entitlement exceeding fifteen plots will be met by allocating plots smaller than one kanal in accordance with clause (e).
- Under the provisions of MLI-23 all owners below ten marlas are entitled to cash compensation only. The minimum size of plot which MLI-23 provides is a 3 marlas plot i.e. 72 Sq. meters. There is no provision in the MLI-23 for a plot less than 72 Sq. meters.
- In order to cope with the fullest possible entitlement of an owner, the entitlement will be met by allocating plots from the higher category to the lower category.
- Every effort will be made to allocate a plot or plots to the exemptee on or around the piece of land he owned prior to the acquisition of his land.
- The cash compensation for the remaining land as per apportionment announced by the Land Acquisition Collector in the award will not be payable to the owners in cash but shall be adjusted towards the development charges of the exempted plots as per decision of the H&PP letter No.SO(DA)H&PP-1-4/82 dated: 22.5.1982.
- Existing residential houses lawfully constructed will be adjusted in the scheme on the following terms:-
- The owner will be exempted 30% of the covered area as per policy, and Reserve Price will be charged on the excess area already existing under his house or given to him on his request. This will apply to a proper house, not merely one room and boundary wall. `Proper' house must consist of at least one living unit to include a drawing room, a dining room, a kitchen, a bath room, and a bed room. The area enclosed by the boundary wall would not automatically be considered to form part of a house. Uncovered space shall not be more than what is laid down in LDA bye-laws as front space, rear space and side space. The small area that cannot be otherwise utilized may be given at Reserve Price if it is in excess of 30% exemption on the recommendations of DLD and TP after their site inspection and final approval by the D.G. LDA.
- Development charges against 30% entitlement will be charged from the owner.
- If any part of the super-structure/ residential house is required for road/ street planning, it shall be surrendered by the owner on payment of compensation. If a lawfully constructed house has to be removed because it clashes with town planning of the area, not only would cash compensation be paid for the super- structure but an equal size plot would also be given. Exemption policy would be applicable to this plot also as explained at sub-para.
- All dues will be payable in lump-sum within a period of six weeks from the date of issue of Demand Notice. On late payments a surcharge @ 15% per annum will be charged from the exemptee. This rate of surcharge will be subject to revision according to instructions of competent authority from time to time. If all dues are not cleared within four and a half month (twelve weeks initial grace period and six weeks extension on payment of surcharge also) from the date of issue of Demand Notice, the exemption shall be liable to be withdrawn.
- A two years building period, free of surcharge, will be allowed with effect from six weeks after the date of issue of the Exemption Letter. The exemptee is obliged to take possession of his plot from LDA within these six weeks. If he fails to take possession of his plot within the said six weeks, the possession would be deemed to have been given to him. Any further extension in the building period will be on payment of surcharge as prescribed by the competent authority.
- The exemptee will be allowed to sell his interest in the plot exempted to him after six weeks from the date of issue of the Exemption Letter during which period the exemptee is obliged to take possession of his plot from LDA, on payment of due transfer fee and with prior approval of LDA on submission of transfer application on prescribed proforma. As soon as transfer has been allowed, the transferee shall have no claim on LDA in respect of exemption and /or possession.
- An additional surcharge @ 5% of the Reserve Price shall be recoverable in respect of corner plots exempted! this will be in addition to the development charges payable by the exemptee.
- The Government vide their letter No.SO(DA)H&PP-1- 41/81 dated 22.5.1982 has desired that the procedure of execution/registration of Agreement in cases of exempted plots be eliminated. As such the Exemption Letter may be re-drafted in such a manner that it may cover all the conditions. Exemption Letter will replace the Agreement. Exemption Letter must clearly lay down that it is incumbent upon the exemptee to take possession of the exempted plot within six weeks of the issue of the Exemption Letter. If the exemptee fails to take possession of his plot during the said period, the possession would be deemed to have been given to him. However, if the exemptee is unable to take possession of his plot for any cogent reasons and provided he makes a written request through a registered letter before the prescribed period of six weeks lapses the LDA may agree to look after his plot for a maximum period of six months on prior full payment of fee @ Rs. 1,000/- per month or part thereof, per plot.
- For the transfer of an exempted plot the following pre-conditions are prescribed:-
- No dues be outstanding against the exemptee in favour of LDA. A period of six weeks should have expired from the date of issue of the Exemption Letter.
- A Written application is made by the exemptee prior to approval of the proposed transfer on the prescribed proforma. The Application must certify that the exemptee has taken physical possession of the plot.
- The proposed transferee must certify that he understands that he would have no claim whatsoever on LDA.
- Both the exemptee and the transferee should be present before Director Land Development alongwith their National Identity Cards.
- The exemptee will be required to get building plan for construction of house, sanctioned by the Town Planner of LDA and complete the building accordingly within the prescribed building period. He will also be required to obtain a completion certificate from Town Planner, LDA. Building period shall be countable to the date on which application for completion certificate is received in the Town Planning Branch of LDA.
- If at any stage the title of an exemptee is proved to be defective the exemption of the plot shall stand automatically withdrawn and LDA will be entitled to take over the land alongwith structures(s) standing thereon without payment of any damage or compensation.
INCHARGE : Director Land Development-IV
TELEPHONE: (092) 042-99262245
POSTAL ADDRESS : 2nd Floor, 467 Block D/2 M.A Johar Town ,Lahore, Pakistan.